Reservations & Cancellations Conditions
1. For Groups of 10 or more people, a reservation in advance must be made. The reservation must be confirmed in writing, by e-mail, or fax.
2. The Customer’s Reservation request to the Achensee Railway Company should give the following details:
• Date of Travel
• Departure Time (Both Outward and Return Journey times) and Route Section
• Number of Passengers
• Lead Person, Contact address and telephone number
On receipt of written confirmation of these dates and times from the Achensee Railway Company, a binding contract of carriage is entered. Ticket prices will be confirmed in writing – these details are however non-committal; the definitive prices will be those applicable on the day of travel.
3. Cancellation by the Customer
a) Should after conclusion of the transportation contract
• The Achensee Railway Company is obliged to inform the Customer at the earliest possible opportunity of any change in the service to be provided that might reasonably be considered unacceptable to him.. The Customer can thereafter withdraw from the contract without penalty; the Achensee Railway Company will not be liable to pay compensation.
b) Should the Customer not wish to make use of the agreed services for any other reasons, the following will apply:
1. By withdrawing from the agreed contract at least 36 hours before the reserved journey, no cancellation charge will be raised.
2. By withdrawing from the agreed contract at least 24 hours before the reserved journey, a 10% cancellation charge will be raised.
3. One single postponement of the departure is possible until 24 hours free of charge before the agreed arrangement. The new travel arrangement will be confirmed in writing by the Achensee Railway Company.
4. In all other cases of cancellation, the previously agreed ticket price must be paid in full. Notifications to the Achensee Railway Company have to be confirmed in writing, by E-Mail, or Fax
4. Cancellation by the Achensee Railway Company
The Achensee Railway Company will be released from its contractual obligations, if the fulfilment of the agreed contract is impossible due to Force Majeure. In this case a full refund of the amount already paid will be made to the Customer.
5. Before Starting the Journey
Reserved tickets must be collected from the Achensee Railway Ticket Office at least 20 minutes before the agreed departure time. If this isn’t possible, the Achensee Railway Company must specially be informed promptly by the Group leader of the circumstances. If this condition is not met, the Achensee Railway Company is entitled to offer the reserved seats to other Customers who may possibly be waiting, in these circumstances however it may be possible however to offer alternative travel on the next available departure with capacity available. If the Customer does not accept this, for whatever reason, the Customer is liable to the charges shown in Sections 3b and 4 above.